Are you looking for a way to combat the signs of aging, but worried about the risks or costs associated with a facelift? Injectable wrinkle fillers may be a good fit for you. There are many types of dermal fillers available, but most of these products will fill in deep lines and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes, with results that can last more than a year.
Wrinkle fillers can also be used as volumizers, plumping and lifting cheeks, chins, jawlines and temples, filling out thin lips and filling in bony or sagging hands. Various dermal fillers are best suited to address different types of wrinkles. For example, some are designed for moderate to deep smile lines, while others are best for the fine lines that develop around lips.
Dr. Sinha is amazing! He gave me the natural look I wanted. He knew it was important to me that people could tell that I had anything done, and exceeded my goals! He also has a great touch that made the pain very minimal. He is truly the best!!!
Hyaluronic Acid Wrinkle Fillers
The most popular type of wrinkle fillers are made with hyaluronic acid. At the Atlanta Institute for Facial Aesthetic Surgery, we use two different hyaluronic acid-based fillers: Juvéderm® and Restylane®. Both of these FDA-approved, gel-based treatments help smooth out the look of wrinkles and lines and add volume.
Our Juvéderm family of products includes:
- Volbella: a dermal filler used to define lips and correct fine wrinkles around the lips
- Vollure: softens moderate to severe “parentheses lines” and wrinkles around your nose and mouth by adding volume
- Voluma: used to correct age-related volume loss in the cheek and mid-face areas
- Juvéderm: an injectable gel that instantly smoothes moderate to severe lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth
Our Restylane family of products includes:
- Restylane Defyne: helps smooth out deep laugh lines
- Restylane Silk: subtly enhances lips and smoothes fine lines around them
- Restylane Lyft: adds volume to cheeks, smoothes facial wrinkles and folds
- Restylane Refyne: softens nasolabial folds and marionette lines around mouth
Synthetic Wrinkle Fillers
This smaller category of wrinkle fillers includes lab-made substances that are not related to anything found naturally in the skin. These products have a longer-lasting effect and provide semi-permanent filling of lines and creases.
At the Atlanta Institute for Facial Aesthetic Surgery, we use two different synthetic fillers: Sculptra® and Radiesse®.
- Sculptra is a synthetic polymer of lactic acid that works with your body to force it to produce new collagen. This long-lasting rejuvenation helps prevent wrinkles, drooping and loss of volume.
- Radiesse is a compound of calcium hydroxyl apatite microspheres suspended in a gel that contains an organic compound of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, as well as glycerin and sterile water. Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres, leaving behind only your own natural collagen.
What can I expect from injectable wrinkle fillers?
At the Atlanta Institute for Facial Aesthetic Surgery, we offer onsite injectable treatments. The procedure is virtually painless because we use a numbing agent in combination with all our products.
Depending on the extent of your treatment, the procedure may take anywhere from a few minutes to about an hour. Patients can return home within minutes after the procedure, and resume normal activities immediately.
Redness, swelling, itching or tenderness may occur at the site of the injections. These side effects are minimal, and generally disappear within a few days. You may also experience some small lumps in the injection areas, but these resolve quickly.
At the Atlanta Institute for Facial Aesthetic Surgery, we offer complimentary patient consultations to recommend which type of injectable treatment, or combination of treatments, is best for you based on your desired outcome.